Sunday, March 6, 2016

So, three years and my idea of blogging my thoughts really didn't get off the ground.  No one to blame but myself.  Here's take two.

I've changed the name to apply a bit more focus.  Thinking on Critical is about applying critical thinking to the issues that I see in everyday discussions.  Canada's recent election and now watching the political discourse in the US I'm somewhat stunned at the lack of simple logic, actual facts and critical thinking in the discourse.  I'm disturbed that our political discussions have taken themselves down to the lowest forms of communication.  Our basic ability to think seems to be on critical life support.

Until we decide to raise our expectations for those in our political process real substantive change won't happen.  Until we demand honesty and awareness from our politicians they will continue to give us the simple meaningless soundbites they've been giving us for decades and still get nothing done.

So, I'm going to pick apart political, social and even some personal issues and try to apply some critical thinking and real facts.  Of course, there's no way my own personal biases can be separated from my analysis.  My goal is to be self-aware and up-front about my biases in these discussions.  We'll see what I come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment